Constantine EvansScientific Director, Evans Foundation 858-348-4802 | firstname.lastname@example.org
I research the physics of complex self-assembly processes, examining how small, relatively simple particles can assemble themselves by basic processes into complex structures.
- C. G. Evans, “Experimental Implementation of Tile Assembly,” in Encyclopedia of Algorithms, M.-Y. Kao, Ed. Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2015.
- C. G. Evans, "Crystals that Count! Physical Principles and Experimental Investigations of DNA Tile Self-Assembly" (PhD Thesis). California Institute of Technology, 2014.
- C. G. Evans and E. Winfree. "DNA sticky end design and assignment for robust algorithmic self-assembly." DNA19, LNCS 8141, pp. 61–75. Springer, 2013.
- C. G. Evans, R. F. Hariadi, and E. Winfree. "Direct atomic force microscopy observation of DNA tile crystal growth at the single-molecule level." J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134, pp. 10485–10492. 2012.
Alternatively, see my ORCID page (0000-0002-7053-1670) and ResearchGate page, or my research CV.
- TileSetDesigner (at the Winfree Lab): a design system for DNA DX tile systems as a whole.
- StickyDesign (at the Winfree Lab): design software for sticky end sequences. This package is described in our 2013 DNA19 paper. It tries to create sets of sequences that are highly isoenergetic while being reasonably orthogonal (read the paper to see why these two constraints are important). Intended for the sticky ends of DX tiles, the output has also been used for toehold domains in strand displacement systems and sticky end regions of single-stranded tiles; we hope in the future to better support these.
- Xgrow (at the Winfree Lab): the venerable aTAM and kTAM tile assembly simulator, first written by Erik Winfree. I work on maintaining, improving, and extending it, especially in areas that connect with more physical models, like support for sequence energetics, complementary ends, double tiles and fission.
- scikits-bootstrap: a Python/Scipy package for bootstrap statistics and confidence interval estimation.
- caltech_thesis: having stubbornly employed LaTeX for writing since I was ten or so (much to the dismay of my teachers), it would not have done for me to use just any document class for my thesis! Based off the memoir documentclass, this package is intended as a modern documentclass for Caltech theses that uses modern LaTeX packages like fontspec, biblatex/biber, and microtype to produce aesthetically superior output—or, at least, to impress other LaTeX devotees.
- The 22nd International Conference on DNA Computing and Molecular Programming (DNA22, September 4-8, 2016)
- GRC Self-Assembly and Supramolecular Chemistry (May 21-26, 2017)
For information on my work as the President of the Castle Green Board of Governors, see the Castle Green website, or my personal Castle website. Correspondence regarding official Castle Green business should go to email@example.com.
For other information, please see my personal website.